Ophthalmology Business Unit Expertise
Ana Muñoz Lomas, Head of Ophthalmology Business Unit
- > 15 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Joined TFS in November 2012, Ana has held a variety of operational, business and management positions leading local and global teams.
- Ana's background ensures she understands the operational and business needs of our clients and is able to focus on the exact areas where TFS can bring key value to all projects.
Lynda Cove, Operational Strategy and Delivery Lead
- > 25 years of clinical research experience.
- Joined TFS in January 2012 as a Project Manager moving to Project Director having coordinated successfully, multiple global ophthalmology studies in several indications.
- Promoted to Operational Strategy and Delivery Lead in October 2018, Lynda’s role is to define and implement strategies to ensure success of our studies globally.
- Lynda also holds excellent lengthy relationships within the global ophthalmology site network.
Marcia Swank, Director of Project Management
- > 21 years of optometry and ophthalmology experience, including 18 years within clinical research.
- Experience in Stem Cell and Gene Therapy trials within ophthalmology and extensive experience in both anterior and posterior segment research.
- Extensive ophthalmology hands on experience in practice; previously leading a seven site ophthalmic practice as a Director of Research for 4 years, as well as 5 years as a certified ophthalmic assistant.
- Marcia has overseen the conduct of multiple ophthalmology programs in several indications, both pharmaceutical and academic.
- Marcia also holds excellent relationships within the US and Canadian ophthalmology network, based on her previous experience in both clinical and project management.
Dr. Pablo Nadal, Medical Advisor
- > 25 years of experience as a practicing ophthalmologist.
- Held positions as Coordinator of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Associate Physician at the Eye Department at Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aries, and multiple Pediatric Ophthalmologist Consultant positions in the UK.
- Responsible for providing scientific advice and medical support and guidance to TFS’ clinical teams, sites, and sponsors. Along with providing his expertise in all ophthalmology indications, Dr. Nadal contributes to protocol development and study design.
External Medical Expertise
Dr. Kent Wellish
- Considered an expert in the area of ophthalmological research.
- > 30 years of industry experience.
- Clinical trial experience includes programs in various ophthalmological indications such as cataracts; post-surgical pain and inflammation; glaucoma; keratoconus; dry eye and conjunctivitis.
- One of the first surgeons in the world to complete a two-year university fellowship in corneal and laser refractive surgery.
- Being the first surgeon in Nevada to perform laser vision correction (July 1994), Honored twice by the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce and by several members of Congress for his work.
- Nationally honored cataract surgeon who received his doctoral degree from the University of Arizona.
Dr. William L. Haynes
- Specialized in medical, laser and surgical treatments for glaucoma as well as cataract and implant surgery.
- Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Duke University.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and member of the American Glaucoma Society and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
- Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology at Duke University Eye Center and the Asheville VA Medical Center.
- Named among the Top Doctors in America since 2013 by Best Doctors, Inc., a survey of more than 45,000 doctors in the U.S. who anonymously vote for the Top Doctors in America.
- Professor of Ophthalmology at University of Southampton.
- Specialized in medical retina with major research interests in age-related macular degeneration, central serous chorio-retinopathy and inherited retinal diseases and has performed over 75 clinical trials with his team.
- Recipient of the Nettleship Award for best esearch published by a UK ophthalmologist by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, University Hospital Southampton Innovation and Researcher of the Year awards and Macular Society Award.
- Editor in chief of scientific journal, Eye, for 10 years with over 240 papers in high impact journals including Nature Genetics, Nature Communications, the Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Currently Chair of the Scientific Committee of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and leader of Welcome Trust Collaborative Award assessing the role of artificial intelligence in understanding the aetiology of age-related macular degeneration.
Dr. Kashif Baig
- Cornea, Anterior Segment, and Refractive Surgeon providing tertiary-level care at the University of Ottawa Eye Institute.
- Founder/Medical Director of Precision Cornea Center and Medical Director at Herzig Eye Institute Ottawa, as well as President of the Canadian Cornea, External Disease, and Refractive Surgery Society and Executive Director of the Sally Letson Foundation.
- Assistant Professor at the University of Ottawa, Pediatric Cornea Consultant and the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Clinical Investigator in Regenerative Medicine at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute and Director of Clinical and Research Fellowships in Cornea, Anterior Segment and Refractive Surgery.
- Completed medical and residency training at McGill University in Montreal and has a Master of Business Administration Degree (specializing in Health Services Management) at McMaster University in Hamilton while completed Fellowship training in the United States.
- Strongly interested in the development and implementation of surgival innovations in corneal and anterior segment surgery.