Ophthalmology Business Unit Expertise
Ana Muñoz Lomas, Head of Ophthalmology Business Unit
- > 15 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Joined TFS in November 2012, Ana has held a variety of operational, business and management positions leading local and global teams.
- Ana's background ensures she understands the operational and business needs of our clients and is able to focus on the exact areas where TFS can bring key value to all projects.
Lynda Cove, Operational Strategy and Delivery Lead
- > 25 years of clinical research experience.
- Joined TFS in January 2012 as a Project Manager moving to Project Director having coordinated successfully, multiple global ophthalmology studies in several indications.
- Promoted to Operational Strategy and Delivery Lead in October 2018, Lynda’s role is to define and implement strategies to ensure success of our studies globally.
- Lynda also holds excellent lengthy relationships within the global ophthalmology site network.
Marcia Swank, Director of Project Management
- > 21 years of optometry and ophthalmology experience, including 18 years within clinical research.
- Experience in Stem Cell and Gene Therapy trials within ophthalmology and extensive experience in both anterior and posterior segment research.
- Extensive ophthalmology hands on experience in practice; previously leading a seven site ophthalmic practice as a Director of Research for 4 years, as well as 5 years as a certified ophthalmic assistant.
- Marcia has overseen the conduct of multiple ophthalmology programs in several indications, both pharmaceutical and academic.
- Marcia also holds excellent relationships within the US and Canadian ophthalmology network, based on her previous experience in both clinical and project management.
Dr. Pablo Nadal, Medical Advisor
- > 25 years of experience as a practicing ophthalmologist.
- Held positions as Coordinator of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Associate Physician at the Eye Department at Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aries, and multiple Pediatric Ophthalmologist Consultant positions in the UK.
- Responsible for providing scientific advice and medical support and guidance to TFS’ clinical teams, sites, and sponsors. Along with providing his expertise in all ophthalmology indications, Dr. Nadal contributes to protocol development and study design.
External Medical Expertise
Dr. Kent Wellish
- Considered an expert in the area of ophthalmological research.
- > 30 years of industry experience.
- Clinical trial experience includes programs in various ophthalmological indications such as cataracts; post-surgical pain and inflammation; glaucoma; keratoconus; dry eye and conjunctivitis.
- One of the first surgeons in the world to complete a two-year university fellowship in corneal and laser refractive surgery.
- Being the first surgeon in Nevada to perform laser vision correction (July 1994), Honored twice by the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce and by several members of Congress for his work.
- Nationally honored cataract surgeon who received his doctoral degree from the University of Arizona.
Dr. William L. Haynes
- Specialized in medical, laser and surgical treatments for glaucoma as well as cataract and implant surgery.
- Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Duke University.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and member of the American Glaucoma Society and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
- Assistant Consulting Professor of Ophthalmology at Duke University Eye Center and the Asheville VA Medical Center.
- Named among the Top Doctors in America since 2013 by Best Doctors, Inc., a survey of more than 45,000 doctors in the U.S. who anonymously vote for the Top Doctors in America.