Ronél Steyn, Head of Hemato-Oncology Business Unit
- 26 years’ of experience in the pharma industry, of which the last 22 are in clinical research
- Primary focus on global oncology and hematology portfolio management
- Gobal oncology and hematology operational oversight and leadership
- Experience primarily within oncology and hematology therapeutic areas across all phases of trials incl. immuno-oncology trials and complex early phase basket trials
Karl Kendall, Senior Director Project Management US, Hemato-Oncology Business Unit
- Over 20 years of clinical research experience, 8 of which focused on oncology
- Portfolio management/oversight of suites of over 100 PhI-III hemato-oncology studies
- Experienced in a variety of indications including NSCLC, breast cancer, prostate cancer, solid tumors, HPV/cervical, and malignant hematology studies for large pharma as well as smaller to mid-sized biotech sponsors and CRO partnerships
Mark Clegg, Senior Director Project Management, Hemato-Oncology Business Unit
- +25 years' experience in clinical research
- Degree in pharmacy and PhD in pharmacology
- Experienced in direct project management of hematological malignancies and solid tumors, primarily in Phase I & II, as well as global operational oversight and leadership of project managers running a wide range of oncology studies
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research processes, project management methodology, industry regulations and guidelines
External Medical Advisors
Dr. Vincent Valentí
- Medical Scientific Advisor with TFS since 2006
- Active in research for cancer treatment for +15 years and frequent presenter at scientific congresses
- Head of the Clinical Oncology at the Hospital Santa Tecla in Tarragona, Spain
- Providing medical expertise on Oncology to TFS project teams, medical training in for TFS’s employees and, represents TFS in customer meetings
- Provides support in the preparation of protocols and manuscripts for several clinical and non-interventional studies
Dr. Thachil Jecko
- Consultant in Haemostasis and Thrombosis at the Manchester Royal Infirmary and Honorary Senior Lecturer in Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
- Bleeding disorders work is based in one of the biggest haemophilia centres in the UK.
- Research work focused on the role of platelets interaction with white cells in inflammation and sepsis and currently in new therapies in haemophilia, anticoagulation in kidney disease and expanding the speciality in low- and middle-income countries.
- Internationally, served as the chairman of the DIC subcommittee of the International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis and was identified in this area to be among the top three health care professionals in the world (expertscape).
- Published over 300 peer-reviewed papers and edited the popular books; Haematology in Critical Care and Handbook of Venous Thromboembolism.
- Consultant Haematologist at the University Hospital Virgen del Rocío in Seville, Spain. Working in the stem cell transplant and cell therapy unit.
- Trained haematologist from the Hospital Clinic de Barcelona and then moved to Manchester to complete a fellowship in allogeneic stem cell transplant.
- Worked as a Consultant at Manchester Royal Infirmary looking after patients with acute leukaemia, patients undergoing an autologous or allogeneic stem cell transplant and CAR T cell patients.
- Her research interests focus on stem cell transplantation and cellular therapy.
- Actively involved in clinical trials and is a member of the Cellular Therapy and Immunobiology Working Party at the EBMT.
Read here: First in Man Solid Tumor Oncology