Hematology and Oncology
Accelerating market approvals for life-saving compounds: our formula for your success
TFS HealthScience provides hematology and oncology scientific, medical, regulatory, and operational expertise and tailored solutions to ensure the successful execution of complex oncology trials. This highly specialized discipline requires extreme attention to detail combined with a broad understanding of your requirements. Your trial is unique—we have the strategy and experts to support it from design to completion.
By engaging TFS hematology and oncology CRO services, you gain access to:
Global, international, and regional experience in oncology
Partnership-minded approach and customer-centric focus
Access to our global key opinion leaders and site network
In-depth therapeutic, scientific, and strategic knowledge
Operational delivery excellence through proactive planning, risk mitigation, and standardized processes
Commitment and executive oversight from TFS’ most senior personnel, including our hemato-oncology leadership team
About one-third of TFS studies are in the oncology and hematology area
We built our expertise through longstanding hands-on experience covering a broad range of indications across all phases of development.
Supporting your research and development strategically at its crucial go/no-go stage
Phases II - III
Taking your drug or product to approval
Getting the real-world data you need
Providing commercially and therapeutically relevant advice to support your decisions throughout clinical development
Enhancing and integrating with your in-house or outsourced resources as and when needed
- Renal Cancer 1%
- Ovarian Cancer (Epithelial) 2%
- Melanoma (Metastic) 2%
- Lung Cancer 2%
- Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) 4%
- Hepatic (Liver) Tumour 4%
- Head and Neck Cancer 4%
- Androgen-Sensitive Prostate Cancer 4%
- Breast Cancer 5%
- Metastic Cancer 5%
- Non-Malignant Hematology 6%
- Malignant Hematology 7%
- Prostate Cancer 10%
- Colorectal Cancer 31%
- Other 13%
Case Study: First-in-Man Solid Tumor Oncology
TFS was selected to provide full CRO services including site identification, initiation, and training; patient enrollment, monitoring, data management, biostatistics, and programming; project management; medical writing, safety, medical monitoring, and regulatory consulting. This open study required close follow up on safety and disease progression.
Part One: (Dose Escalation): 3 sites
Part Two: (Dose Expansion): 6 sites
Study Phase: First-in-Man, I/IIb
Indication: Solid Tumors
Experience you can trust
The TFS hematology and oncology team has specialists who understand the challenges of modern hematology and oncology trials. From complex early phase trials, including basket trials, precision medicines, immuno-oncology, and rare hematologic diseases, we are here to support the development of your trial.
Our experience over the last five years includes indications such as NSCLC, breast cancer, prostate cancer, solid tumors, HPV/cervical cancer, and malignant hematology studies.
One project, one team
TFS is committed to developing a solution-driven partnership that drives your success. Located across more than 20 countries, our depth and range of expertise can be put to use for your next global, regional, or local trial.
Luke Gill, MSc, MBA
Head of Hematology and Oncology
VP, Clinical Development Services
- Provides strategic and collaborative operational guidance to internal cross functional teams as well as a consultative approach in developing novel solutions for biotech organizations as a subject matter expert in clinical development strategy, planning key drivers for gating decisions, pharmacology, translational medicine, due diligence, and indications evaluation
- Scientific expertise includes design and delivery of cell therapies, targeted small molecules, immune-oncology clinical development plans across rare indications, solid tumor, and hematological malignancies
- Experience leading global teams and all phases of oncology clinical development programs for both large and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients
- More than 25 years of successful early phase drug development experience delivering pivotal registration studies
- Holds a Neuro & Molecular Pharmacology Master’s degree and authored a number of publications with a focus in cell signaling pathways at the University Bristol
Right people, right solutions
If you are looking for a responsive mid-size CRO who understands hemato-oncology development, you are in the right place. We are the right people with the right solutions and we have the expertise to support that claim. Work with us and let us demonstrate real collaboration—talk to us today.